Team Sirius Europe Coaching with Natasja Daniëls
My interest in sports didn’t start until the age of 16. I started with squash, kickboxing and lifted weights with the guys. Bought a bike, started running and found my passion in endurance sport. The passion for cycling grew by the year, got a coach and entered the world of Granfondo’s. With several podium spots in single and multiday events, my interest grew not only in the sport but also in the art of nutrition, strength training, gear, bikes and training overall.
I was also quite a good trail runner with top ten spots in the Eiger trail and Matterhorn Ultraks, so triathlon seemed the next step if it wasn’t for the swim part! At the age of 42, I couldn’t swim 25m crawl and it was a bumpy road to where I’m now, so if there is anyone who knows how tough this is, it’s me.
My passion for sports grew so big that I decided to make a career switch. Started studying again and am now licensed as a personal strength and mobility trainer and Ironman Certified Coach.
In my search for answers why women respond differently to training as men, I heard about Dr Stacy Sims. She is an authority in the female athlete and author of ”Roar, women are not small men”. This was an eye-opener for me and I didn’t hesitate a minute when she started to teach about the female athlete. After finishing her second course “Menopause for athletes” I feel I have the knowledge to train women of all ages on a different level than before.
I may not be a pro athlete, but I’m an Ironman, finished multiple 70.3 events with podium spots, Belgian title in Duathlon,… but most of all I have a lot of life experience, know what it is to be an age-grouper and how to combine work with training. I have had different coaches over the years (including Trisutto and Yvonne Van Vlerken) and learned from all of them.
I believe my passion, my knowledge and my experience are my strongest assets to make you a better athlete.
As a bonus, you will be part of the amazing Team Sirius family and as we say, it’s not just swim-bike-run, it’s who you become!
Hire Natasja for custom coaching! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!
As a cyclist:
- Maratona Des Dolomites Italy – 6th place
- Engadin Bike marathon Switzerland
- Granfondo Stelvio Italy – 2nd place
- Trois Ballons France – 4th place
- Viking Tour Norway multi-day race
- Haute Routes Pyrenees France multi-day race with +800K and 18000 alt – 3rd place
As a runner:
- Matterhorn Ultraks Switzerland – 5th place
- Eiger Ultra Trail Switzerland – 4th place
- Gran Canaria Trail Marathon – 4th place
As a duathlete/triathlete
- Powerman Duatlon Germany 2017 – 1st place
- 70,3 IM Switzerland 2017 / 2018 / 2019 – all top 10 places, best ranking 6th
- 70,3 Challenge Almere the Netherlands – 2nd place
- 70,3 IM Marbella Spain 2018 – 4th
- 70,3 IM Cascais Portugal 2018
- 70,3 Challenge Walchsee Austria 2018 – 3th
- Belgian Champion Masters Duatlon 2018 – 1st
- 140,6 IM Zurich Switzerland 2019 – 6th
- AWA Gold 2018
- AWA Silver 2019